18 May 2012

Dior Croisette make-up range


I absolutely love Dior make-up! I had a makeover the other day using their new summer make-up range Croisette. This is the first make-up range they've designed which is actually inspired by their clothing collection. It's a gorgeous range made up of predominantly nudes, pale pinks, corals and blues, perfect for summer :) The picture above shows the look my makeover was inspired by.
To get this look the following were used:

5 Couleurs Croisette Eyeshadow Palette 224 Swimming Pool Couleur,  Eye Gloss 750 Sunset ,  Diorshow Liner Waterproof 258 Turquoise,  Dior Vernis St Tropez

Now I fell in love with all the products. The eye shadows are lovely colours, the eye gloss is perfect for the summer when eye shadow can get creased with heat, the liner soft and striking, and nail colour gorgeous and great quality.
However I am a fairly penniless student so unfortunately cannot afford all 4 of the products. I already own eye shadows similar to that pictured and decided to see if I could find similar cheaper alternatives to the gloss, liner and nail varnish. 
As yet I haven't found an alternative to the gloss unfortunately :( However I have found alternatives to the liner and nail varnish.

As an alternative to the Dior Vernis St Tropez I decided on the 17 Supreme Shine nail varnish in Wave, saving around £15.  I had narrowed down to three choices including a Rimmel London nail varnish (Sky High) and a Maybelline nail varnish. The assistant in Boots was lovely and tested all three to compare against my nails with the Dior nail varnish and we concluded that the 17 Supreme Shine Wave was the best :)
For the liner I chose a Barry M Kohl Pencil in Turquoise a pretty much perfect match to the Dior liner and saving again around £15 :)

I love this range of make-up but often find the need to use them more as inspiration and find cheaper alternatives. I hope this helps anyone in the same position as me :)

xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment