27 May 2012

Breakfast at Tiffany's inspired nail art :)


To go with my Breakfast at Tiffany's, Holly Golightly outfit, I was unfortunately unable to find a pair of long black gloves in time, so instead decided to paint my nails with a design inspired by the film - as seen above!
To do this I used a white, turquoise and black nail polishes and gemstones.


I started using a clear base coat to protect my nails and give the lower section a shine. I started at the top with the black nail polish at the tip. To get the line I placed a piece of sellotape across the nail to the point I wanted to paint. Once painted I removed the sellotape leaving a straight edge.
Next came the turquoise stripe. To do this, as I don't yet have a nail art brush, I used the end of a bobby pin, stretched out to full length. I then dipped the tip in the nail polish and used this to dot a line across, underneath the black stripe. I repeated this process for the white stripe, and then coated the whole nail with a clear top coat.
I also decided to place a silver gemstone on each thumb nail to give it a bit more glitz, as Holly Golightly very much is :) I placed this on top of the wet top coat and once dried in place coated with a another layer of top coat to ensure fixed in place.

I love the results! What do you think? :)

xoxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment